SERDANG - EQUALS2020 jointly organized by the International Center for Theoretical Physics (ICTP) - Physics Without Frontiers and the Department of Physics, Faculty of Science, Universiti Putra Malaysia was successfully held on 2 - 6 November 2020 via online (zoom).
7 speakers from abroad were invited to share knowledge in this program series as follows:
- Areeya Chantasri, Griffith University, Brisbane, AUSTRALIA
- Aitor Villar Zafra, SpeQtral, SINGAPORE
- Andrew Childs, University of Maryland, USA
- Loh Huanqian, CQT, NUS SINGAPORE
- Kwek Leong Chuan, Center for Quantum Technologies, SINGAPORE
- Nathan Langford, University of Technology Sydney, Sydney, AUSTRALIA
- Farhan Saif, Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad, PAKISTAN
There is a montage provided by cybersecurity entitled INSPEM CSM MyQUANTUM Waves Initiative (2021 - 2025).
Wave #1: National scientific governance and management in quantum technological era.
Strategy 1: Strengthen national scientific ecosystem for quantum technological era
- Enhance collaboration with strategic government agencies.
- To establish up to date laboratory for effective coordination
- To establish structured organization for information sharing and media management.
Strategy 2: Boosting national readiness for quantum technological era
- To comply to international standards and best practices
- To be able to measure national quantum readiness
Wave #2: Quantum science & technology as national innovations enabler with opportunities for quantum economy
Strategy 1: Stimulate multi-disciplinary research & development activities in areas of theoretical areas of mathematics, theoretical computer science, physics and engineering with focus on quantum science & technology. With focus on:
- Quantum theory
- Quantum technology
- Quantum cryptography
- Post Quantum cryptography
Strategy 2: Promote research & development collaboration between established industries, academia and government agencies.
- Enhance international collaboration with major players in quantum science & technology.
- Identify potential local industry
- Conduct regular technology sessions between local and established global/regional industries
Wave #3: Quantum technology awareness & literacy for future-looking visions
Strategy 1: Conducting quantum literacy outreach programs among decision-makers, academia and younger generations.
- Awareness program among stake holders.
- Developing professional training programs
- Providing relevant inputs in education syllabus
Strategy 2: Ensure sustainability of programs in quantum science & technology.
- Regular briefing sessions with stake holders
- Fusing current relevant national policies with quantum contents
Date of Input: 13/11/2020 |
Updated: 27/11/2020 | noorizzati